No Man Dies of Prostate Cancer.
Australian Prostate Cancer Research supports men living with prostate cancer by providing best practice, research validated models of care and treatment, and facilitates research to find a cure.
Australian Prostate Cancer Research was founded to build a stronger prostate cancer research community and to promote and facilitate collaborative research.
Our initiatives are research-validated, blueprint models for best practices in prostate cancer care and management.
Prostate Cancer Facts:
- Australia has the highest incidence of prostate cancer in the world – prostate cancer is the most common cancer in Australian men
- About 20,000 men are diagnosed each year, the average age of diagnosis is 67 years
- 1 in 5 men will develop prostate cancer; 1 in 8 women will develop breast cancer
- Men are 30% more likely to die from cancer than women
- Men facing prostate caner in rural and remote areas are around a third more likely to die than their metropolitan counterparts.
- Australian men are facing a healthcare crisis: 40% do not have a GP or attend annual checkup; men with prostate cancer are 6 times more likely to commit suicide.
APCR is an Non for Profit Entity Limited by Liability.
APCR is endorsed to access Income Tax, GST and FBT exemption and is registered with full DGR status.
Download our annual reports here: